- English Name: Wind/Spirit Mansion
- Pinyin Name: Feng Fu
- Chinese Character: 風府
Feng Fu Point is found at the base of the skull just below the bottom ridge of the skull cap at the top of the neck, directly above midpoint of posterior hairline, directly below external occipital protuberance, in depression of trapezium muscle. Sometimes it seems that you will find two or three of them. So, let yourself be pulled by your intuition to the point of greatest Qi.
This is a Window of Heaven point and a Ghost point. It is also the entry point into the brain. This point is also called Gui Xue or Gui Lin in some texts, which translates respectively to “Ghost Hole” and “Ghost Forest.” The implication is that one can communicate with those on the spiritual plane via this point.
Feng Fu also communicates with a minor chakra called Alta Major, the Pineal Gland and the Pituitary Gland. There is a pathway from Feng Fu to the brain and to the Brahma-Randhra or ‘Chamber of Brahma (Brahma-Randhra is the soft spot that can be experienced on the head of a newborn baby and this is the hole through which the liberated soul escapes to reach God).
This pressure point is often manipulated for relief of headache, neck aches and stiff neck; it clears the brain, opens the sensory orifices, and calms the Spirit. The point may also help relieve dizziness, numbness in the neck area and provides strong life impulse and rejuvenates the entire body.
Other Acupuncture/Pressure Indications:
Heaviness of the body with aversion to cold, cold shivering with sweating, swelling and pain of the throat, wind painful obstruction, headache, the hundred diseases of the head, visual dizziness, dizziness, blurred vision, upward staring eyes, sudden loss of voice, flaccid tongue with inability to speak, numbness of the legs, hypertension, mania, incessant talking, mad walking and desire to commit suicide, sadness and fear with fright, palpitations, pain of the neck with inability to turn the head, stiff neck, all external inflictions, nose blocked, vertigo, seizures, anxiety, epistaxis, all kind of rashes.
What Will Happen If You Put An Ice Cube On This Spot
This ice cube trick is a method that will make you look younger and full of energy. Other than that, it has the power to make some illness disappear.
This is how you do it: lie on your belly (or sit) and place one ice cube (about 2 × 2 cm) at the point of Feng Fu (the hole at the back of the head) and hold it for 20 minutes. Fix the ice cube with a bandage, scarf, etc.
You need to do it regularly (with breaks of 2-3 days) in the morning on an empty stomach and at night before going to bed. You can’t catch a cold with this procedure.
The amazing thing is that, in the beginning you might sense coldness, but after 30-40 seconds you’ll feel heat the point of action. The first few days you will have a feeling of euphoria due to the release of endorphins into the bloodstream.
What Westerners Say It Helps?
- It improves the quality of sleep and can manage psycho-emotional disorders, stress, chronic fatigue, depression, insomnia.
- It effectively relieves colds, toothache and headache.
- It helps improve your breathing and effectively fights asthma.
- It can help relieve pulmonary and cardiovascular diseases.
- It can improve mental health.
- It effectively manages neurological disorders, degenerative changes in the spine.
- It cures gastrointestinal and sexually transmitted infections.
- It can manage disorders of the thyroid gland.
- It helps with arthritis, hypertension and hypo-tension.
- It also effectively manages disorders in the gastrointestinal tract, obesity and malnutrition.
- People say, that it reduces cellulite and that it can manage menstrual disorders, impotence, frigidity, endocrine, infertility.